Background

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Traveling Pants: An Unexpected Princess Carriage

I've just returned from my trip in the Shenandoah Valley area of Virginia, U.S.A. and even there, I found a car and carriage museum that showcased this beautiful Circa 1727 Carriage produced in Paris, France.
Made for the exchange of Princesses ceremony.
I was struck by the colors and details.
The door panel has a lovely scene still visible.
Unfortunately, I could not get good photography of the whole carriage.  The structure of the wheels and undercarriage where huge. 

Later that same day, I came across another smaller museum and found this antique notions cabinet with all the different color treads.

All the colors inspired me and are still fresh in my mind.  Time to get my sketchbook out and work on a few new designs.  In the meantime, I'll toss my traveling pants into the laundry, and get them ready for my next trip.

All my best,
Valerie


No comments:

Post a Comment