Background

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Making Crepe Paper Flowers the Melissa Frances Way

Attended the Scrapbooking Expo in Orlando, Florida this weekend.  Had a really great time and found lots of goodies.
Although I took a few classes, my favorite was  Making Crepe Paper Flowers with Melissa Frances.  What a wonderful lady!  She is a hoot.  I'm adding her blog here for you to stop by and check out what she is all about.   http://www.melissafrances.typepad.com/


We made these altered art stacked boxes.  I keep thinking this project looks like...cake...cake...cake.  Clearly, I was hungry during class time.  My flower on top came out pretty good.

Stopped by Melissa's booth after the class, to check out all her lovely items.  Wow, pretty...    pretty...oooh...ahhh.  Yes, I think I drooled a bit.  Her collection offers beautiful flowers, trims, papers, and embellishments that guarantees the crafter quality products and exceptional design ideas.
Did a quick make-and-take with her daughter Ali.  We made a mini album from one piece of 12 x 12 cardstock.  Added vintage ink, Melissa Frances vintage style C'est La Vie cardstock stickers, and of course, glitter.  Very pretty.

Picked up some great deals at the show. 
S.E.I. had this beautiful butterfly paper Field Notes...love it.  Planning a mini album with this paper.

Picked up these great LaBlanche silicone stamps.  The designs are stunning.  Of course, I found a bunny to add to my collection.
And last, but not least, found a bin of My Mind's Eye papers.  Seriously reduced!  Being the paper crazy girl that I am, I elbowed my way in, and came out with a pile of Lost & Found sheets that are beautiful.  I'm think'in Christmas. 

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Blessings,

Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment